February Flower Exchange

knit-bloggers share the wealth and warm up winter for our fellow stick-weilders

1.23.2005

One flower begun!

20050123yarn.jpg

Sock weight self-striping yarn in pinks and purples

20050123flowerstarted.jpg

The beginning of my flower


I'm knitting this using a sock-weight acrylic yarn in pinks and purples (my thinking was that, given the choices available to me at the shop, this yarn would be likely to both please the recipient and hold up well to wear). I'm using a pattern from one of Nikki Epstein's books. I'm enjoying it very much. I still need to be buy the yarn for the center of the flower, as well as for the stem.

I'm very glad to finally have the incentive to actually knit a flower! I've wanted to for sometime and just never got 'round to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home